Trusted supplier of wire, cable, and interconnect assemblies for nuclear reactors.
Shawflex is a leading supplier of electrical wire and cable, with over 30 years of experience designing complex cable configurations to meet the demanding requirements of nuclear power applications. Our portfolio of nuclear-grade products includes both EQ and non-EQ cables, composite cables, custom cables for robotics and automation, cable assemblies & harness, and cable accessories. These cables have been used for the nuclear islands, turbine halls and balance of plants; they have been installed both inside and outside the containment building. Shawflex can support any type of nuclear project: whether its refurbishments or decommissioning legacy plants, to building new ones, or even working on next-generation SMR technology.
- Up to 200ºC and 250Mrad Temperature and Radiation Resistance
- Qualified to withstand design basis accident conditions (EQ / Class 1E Cables)
- Life expectancy qualified up to 60 years
- Manufactured under stringent N299.2 Quality Program
- DecaBDE-free Nuclear Cables
High Radiation Tolerance
High Temperature Tolerance
Our cables in a CANDU powerplant
Our nuclear power cables are built and tested to meet multiple standards
• IEEE 383 Qualifying Electric Cables and Splices for Nuclear Facilities
• IEEE 323 Qualifying Class 1E Equipment for Nuclear Power Generation Stations
• CSA N290.13 Environmental qualification of equipment for nuclear power plants
• LOCA/MSLB Design Basis Event Testing
• IEEE 1202/FT4 Flame Propagation Testing of Cables
• Utility Customer Product Specifications
Our Quality Certifications
• CSA N299.2
• ISO 9001
• KHNP Class Q
Nuclear Cable Engineering Services (Design, Analysis & Testing)
Leveraging over 30 years of experience in the nuclear industry, Shawflex has a full range of Nuclear Cable Engineering Services that support new and existing projects as well as regular operations. Our capabilities include in-house design engineering, research & development, qualification, testing and material services. Our experts work closely with customers to fulfill today´s and future cable requirements for the nuclear industry.